Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing


If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I have a semi-unhealthy addiction to perfume. It is one of the great pleasures of my life, and for people like me, perfume is an art form to be appreciated in the same way beautiful music is.

Please take a moment to read Elena Vosnacki's article on this hideously misguided piece of legislation. In it you will find links to petitions, as well as a link to Robert Tisserand's excellent and more in-depth explanation of the legislation and why it is ridiculous and threatening. And then pass this information on to as many people as you think will listen.

Don't let the name of this act fool you -- this is not about making things safe for you, this is about driving small companies out of business and leaving only the leviathans who will be able to afford the egregious strictures this law would impose.

Thanks!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Claudia said...

BOO HISS!!!! This is SUCH a bad idea :(

Anonymous said...

Style Spy, it was excellent to meet you at the awesome LT/TS/PdN event! I hope you are going to write about it.

Thanks so much for this public service post - I read the article and followed the links there to voice my concerns about SCA 2010 - shudder!!! ~~nozknoz

forever said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

Anonymous said...

Hi! I ran into your blog by accident - but it looks good! :) I'm trying to expand mine a little bit after a year of "practising" :)