Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Question Answered

If the question is, "Can one die from wardrobe-induced embarrassment?" the answer, apparently, is yes.

Photobucket
Awwwww...

For the record, the cat pictured above is the Bush family feline, India, who passed away this past weekend. Far be it from me to mock the passing of a beloved family pet (we all know I'm a cat person, right?) but would you LOOK at the expression on that kitty's face! That? Is not a happy cat.

India the Cat (ignominiously known within the family as "Willie," evidently, which is another whole source of humiliation, no doubt) lived to the ripe old age of 18 and my guess is that life as the White House cat is not exactly tough. But still. That costume... I dunno about you, but that'd be enough to make me contemplate shuffling off the ol' mortal coil.

RIP, India. In kitty heaven, I hope, there are no Halloween costumes.




Photo: Agence France-Presse








Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Duchesse said...

I'll cop to tying a discreet red velvet bow (and real silk velvet too) around the neck of Mr C, my dearly loved Burmese at holiday season. But hats, coats etc are too much. Poor baby.