Friday, March 2, 2007

He's Baaaaaack!!

The Want Monster has me again. Here's what I'm obsessing over:



The last couple of years have seen a major trend toward giant, statement-y rings, which I love. My taste in jewelery in general runs toward large pieces. I'm not a fan of itsy jewelry, and I really dislike it when women load up, wearing six or eight rings at a time. It's cluttered and sloppy-looking, the bijoux equivalent of teenaged girls who carry keychains that have exactly one key (to Mom & Dad's house) and about 16 different key fobs, at least one of which will be something bearing a Sanrio character. Like anything you put on your body, jewelry requires editing. So this trend of one big honkin' cocktail ring is right up my alley. I have a couple of wonderful ones that I've scored in Paris (they do costume jewelry so much better than we do), but I am really in love with this baby. My friend Ronny (ever-practical) points out that it looks as though it would snag on everything, and she makes an excellent point. My Want Monster, however, seems not to have a practical bone in his body, and I can't get this thing out of my mind.

The compromise I've come up with is to wait until my trip to New York (Oh -- did I tell you I was going to New York? I am.) in late April. If the Want Monster is still chewing on me, I'm going to give myself the divine pleasure of purchasing the ring in an Yves Saint Laurent boutique there. Redhead needs a YSL shopping bag, even if it's a tiny one.

Speaking of YSL, check out Stefano Pilati's Fall 2007 RTW collection, featuring this gorgeous thing:



It's fantastic. I am hereby making a Formal Declaration of Love for Mr. Pilati. I love you, Stefano. I await the time when I take my rightful place at your side as your muse and confidante.


Photos: Harper's Bazaar, Style.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Trina said...

A) That ring looks like fungus. Just sayin'.

B) You better inform me when your glorious self is going to be on my coast!

Anonymous said...

I love that ring!! Love it!