Friday, March 23, 2007

My Little Nudist Colony

A reader (who just happens to be my cousin Melissa) writes:

For way too many years the mainstays of my shoe collection have been black - it goes with everything, and since I travel a lot for work, that is a huge plus. I love the look of the nude shoes, and would love to introduce something new and versatile into my closet, especially since black is not a very summery color. Do you have any recommendations?

Well, yes, since you asked, I do!

I know I've been featuring some pretty pricey shoes on here lately, so just to prove that there are good shoes out there that you don't have to sell organs to be able to afford, everything on this page is under $100. And Lissa -- almost everything on this page is available in a size 11. (My cousin is a tall drink of water, the lucky duck. Honestly, stand us next to one another and you'd have no idea we're related by blood. Genetics is a funny thing.)

Click on the photos for links to the shoes for more details & shopportunities.



What a cool little pair of flats! I like the idea of these with some loose linen trousers for summer.


Simply gorgeous. Perfect with skirts or slacks. Great mid-height heel, perfect for work.


Classic. How cute with a pair of straight-leg jeans and a boxy jacket.



Sex-ay strappy sandal. You'll wear these forever.



Yummy gold buckle -- I love me some gold hardware.


Great low heel, and a nifty variation on the t-strap. Good for skirts or pants.



I am in love with the little detail -- colored stones wrapped in netting. So special.


These cry out for cropped khakis, don't they? With fabulous sunglasses and a picnic basket.


Sling-back espadrilles -- how clever is that? They look so comfy, too.



Special occasion sparklies!


Perfect. They'll go with everything and never go out of style.


Slightly rounded toe and a sexy little v-throat for a bit of toe cleavage.


I'm sure there are more out there, but these ought to get you started. Feel free to let me know if there are some other ones you think I should know about.

By the way, if anyone ever purchases a pair of shoes recommended here, please send me a review. I'm always looking to increase the database!

Photos: Zappos.com, NineWest.com, Nordstrom.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar