Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chic d'Argent

Voilà Christine Lagarde, the Finance Minister of France. I'm in awe of her fantastic silver hair.

Photobucket

(Avec une écharpe, naturellement. She is French, after all.)

Photobucket


I have curly red hair and I love it and I spend a not-pittance to keep it that way, but Madame here makes me actually think I might look forward to a time when I'm all silvery. Dang. Way to work it, Christine.



Photos: Eric Feferberg/Agence France-Presse -- Getty Images, Andre Penner/The Associated Press








Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having been "silver" for nigh on 20 years now, I had to comment. I knew I would grey early since my father did and I was too (lazy, involved, busy) to sit in the hairdresser's chair for more than 15 minutes at a time. Get yourself a good cut and a toning shampoo made for silver hair - since there's no pigment, it absorbs chemicals from your water and hair products so you'll want to make sure you neutralize that as much as possible. And be ready for comments...I seldom go out without someone stopping to say something about my hair, even if it's "oh, I wish I could go grey like you!" You can. But you have to own it.
carol

Susan B said...

She's lucky; my "grey" is more like the color of cardboard. If I had that silver, I'd be dropping the dye in a heartbeat!

Robo said...

I want a sheet of silver hair when the colour goes, too. Heck, I gave up on highlights because it's too much work (and they don't show up unless I go very light or bright, which I don't want to do anymore), so I'd probably do the same thing as Carol. There are some ads in InStyle/Elle featuring beautiful older women with gorgeous silver hair. Silver foxes, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Deja, get yourself some toning shampoo for grey/silver hair. I use one by Pantene. Truly, it will make your hair less "cardboard" and more "foxy" with repeated use.
carol

Duchesse said...

I just spent an entire afternoon in the presence of about 200 women with the same hair: a theatre matinee. What makes the difference between stylish and 'grey wren'? The eye makeup (darkish brows and liner), quality of cut and clothes: NOT wearing running shoes and a sensible parka to the theatre, for example.