Friday, June 22, 2007

Prada Elves

Behold the Prada Elves creating Beauty:



(I do recommend that you turn down the volume on your computer so as not to have to listen to the extremely tiresome music accompanying it. I would have been a lot happier with a V.O. narrative explaining what they're doing, but I'll just look at the pretty pictures and wipe the drool from my chin.)

This little treat goes a ways toward answering the question: "Why are those shoes so $%$@! expensive??" First off, notice the quality of those croc skins at the beginning of the video -- gorgeous colors, and they look soft as butter. Also, while this is a semi-automated process, there is still a LOT of handwork involved in making those shoes. Handwork = $$. (Also, handwork = much nicer shoes.) And what's with that blow-gun, hairdryer-lookin' thingie? Are they patent-izing those boots? I'm dying to know!

Maybe I should look into a summer internship at the Prada shoe factory. Do you think the employees get a discount?

(Thanks to the Manolo for the heads-up on this one. I pretty blatantly just stole this post.)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: