Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Right White, pt. 2

And now, without further ado, some of the more wonderful of the white dresses I stumbled across on the interwebs.


iconicon

Actually ivory rather than white, but who am I to quibble with Christian Dior?



iconicon

Cute little linen dress with raw edges. Unlined, but still sweet.



icon

white dress

Versace Cotton Dress with Crisscross Straps

Yummy. Even better from the back.



iconicon

Killer classic shift from Ferre. Purrrrrrr...


iconicon

This is wool, so it's really not a summer dress, but it's Jil Sander and it's stunning and it's crazy on sale and if you get it now you'll have it for the fall, when you can wear it with a snappy black jacket and a beautiful pair of boots.



iconicon

Sweet little knit with tie shoulders. Very aprés-beach.



iconicon

Very wonderful Fendi with perfed yoke. Just love this.



iconicon

So-perfect Marni cotton sateen. Doesn't that look cool and fresh? I want to wear that every day this summer.icon



iconicon

Amazing deal on this dress from Armani Jeans. Unlined white linen, but I think you wouldn't have any trouble with a slip under there.


iconicon

More Jil Sander. Ohhhhhh, this is so dreamy.


iconicon

Asymmetric wizadry from Yohji.



iconicon

Still more gorgeous Jil Sander. Raf Simons, you are killing me!!


icon

Now. What do I want to wear with my white dress? Well, I'll tell ya. This summer I am all about the white dress with the big chunky shoe, preferably black patent. I'm just really digging the contrast right now.

Women's shoes: Bandolino Jolisa - Black patent


Fantastic. These will go with everything, and the price is amazing.


white dress
Opening Ceremony Gladiator Sandal

Some will find these unreasonably funky. I find them delightful.



white dress


Women's shoes: Naturalizer Redefine - Black

These are not patent, but they're cute. They're also Naturalizer, which means they're affordable and very comfy.




Photobucket

Fendi Juicy Heel Peep Toe Sandal

Fierce, fabulous Fendi. I've been having a little bit of a thing for Fendi lately, I'm not sure why.

icon

Women's shoes: Charles David Guru - Black patent


These shoes? Are badass. Love 'em.


And one more thing I'd like to wear with my white dress:
white dress
Fendi Forever Cuff

I do love a cuff, and here's that Fendi thing again. I'm really not a logo/label person, but I have always liked the Fendi logo for its symmetrical geometry. And it's not so obvious as, say, the Louis Vuitton pattern or the Chanel double Cs. I just find it cool. At any rate, this cuff comes in several different colors, including a really fabulous gold, and I want all of 'em.

So which of these lovely items will Style Spy be purchasing? you might be asking. The answer is a whopping great big none of them. I have taken a good look through my closet and decided that I have more than enough to keep me busy through the summer, so I am officially on a No Buy. I'm going to cut myself some slack for things like underduds and some running clothes, and there is a wedding coming up in October that I'm going to need a really fabulous dress for, but (with those exceptions) as of Monday -- No. More. Shopping. The Luxury Tithe is becoming a travel fund, and I am getting my backside to Paris in the fall if I have to go hungry three nights a week to do it. I'm relying on my friends and readers to keep me honest -- if you think I might be starting to crack, that temptation may be proving too much for me, remind me that much more than I need a new dress I need to stand on the Pont Neuf and breathe in the smell of the wind coming off the Seine.

But that doesn't mean you can't shop. So, go!! Do it!!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Denise said...

Ooh, I really love that last Jil Sander and the "short dress" (who designs it?) Too bad I am also on a no-buy.

Karen said...

Oh my lord, the Charles David Guru shoes have won my heart. Alas, I can't afford them...I might have splurged but I'm leaving on a vacation in Prague and Vienna and that has priority. Oh, but they're lovely!

Kelly said...

I love those Jil Sander white dresses too! Stylespy, I am wearing your Ellen Tracy dress to work today! All my co-workers think it's gorgeous! I am sorry I have not sent pics yet, but I will get some taken & to you soon, I haven't forgotten...this is the first time I've worn the dress to work..I have sheer black tights with it, black ballet flats with a little bow, silver hoop earrings and a brown/black/silver hardware leopard skin belt with it...looks great!
Thanks again..and I know you will get to Paris!!
Kelly