Friday, July 24, 2009

Pretty For Friday -- July 24

Style Spy has a birthday coming up, so I'm keeping my eye peeled for this year's birthday suit. I usually use my birthday as an excuse to buy myself a dress of some sort that I wouldn't ordinarily be able to justify. Of course, I'm still working on a tight budget, so I'm looking at sale stuff.

I'm really taken with this

Moschino Cheap and Chic One Shoulder Dress

I love the simplicity of the shape, I love the one shoulder thing, and I lovelovelove all that gorgeous color. It's so hard to find a print or patterned dress that isn't awful or kitschy, and I do love color. And I think that something like this is a year-'round dress, if you live in a climate like mine. So I really like this.



But I dunno. Maybe I'll skip the dress and get myself a really astonishing pair of shoes, like these Haider Ackermann boots.


HAIDER ACKERMANN - SUEDE WRAP LACE LOW BOOTS

These make my heart go pitter-pat, I tell ya. They look a little weird, I know, and suede boots are the absolute last thing I should be looking at during a record-breaking summer in Austin, (Oh. My. God, y'all -- you cannot BELIEVE how hot it's been.) but something about these just really, really speaks to me. Lordamercy, those are cool. I would wear those with EVERYTHING. (And in case anyone is wondering -- size 39, please.)

Oh, I'm sure I'll see lots more stuff I'm interested in -- there's no hurry, and half the fun is the hunt, of course. (Honestly, where I'm concerned, it may be more than half the fun.)

Have a good weekend, everyone!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shoes would be acceptable if you were turning 21. They are so ugly. I'd buy the dress instead.

Claudia said...

Mmmm... you would look great in the dress! Such amazing colour! I love the mix of photographic and blurred in the print.

Belle de Ville said...

I love the Monet-ish muted tones in the print of the dress. Very soft and lovely.
And the Suede boots are way cool. I would probably wear them as is, in September and October, and then dye them some fantastic color for winter...

Angela said...

Oh i like the boots. fab stylish. happy early b-day.

Perfumeshrine said...

The boots look kinda fetishy in a good way to me and I am picturing them with butter-shade neutrals from top to bottom (to soften the over-lacy thing) and tanned skin during the first autumn months. It could be very cool!
And happy (upcoming) birthday!!