Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Beauty Feeds the Soul"



Texas lost one of our treasures today.

Lady Bird Johnson personified so much of what I love about Texas: graciousness, grit, warmth, generosity. She was indeed a lady through and through, an accomplished woman in her own right as well as the paragon of a political wife. Her legacy is found, among other places, scattered along the highways of Texas (and the entire nation) and in Austin's own beautiful Wildflower Center. She will be greatly missed.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a wildflower bouquet in her honor, to remind me of something I heard her say in an interview once: "Beauty feeds the soul." Words to live by.

Take a moment to appreciate something beautiful in honor of this great lady. You'll be a better person because of it, as we are a better country because of her.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have always admired Lady Bird & am sad to see her go.

tmp00 said...

I was so sorry to read about this- she did so much for this country and had been unfairly overshadowed by other (very worthy) first ladies.