Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Flipside



So what do we think of these?





From
ModCloth.com

Let me know by voting in the poll at the top of the page!

I have to admit, I kind of love them although they may be overly trendy. They're an affordable version of the ones that appeared on the Chanel runway way back in Fall 2008.





I really liked the way they looked then, but was not about to pay whatever Chanel was asking for tights (I don't know how much it was, I didn't even bother to try to find out because I knew the answer was "too much," even if they did have that precious double-C logo.) But these? These are definitely within the range for a good, look-changing accessory, even if it's only for one season.

I'm liking the idea of them with my black Miu Miu mary janes (still going strong several seasons later) or some ankle boots or some other footwear player yet to be named, with a swingy little skirt or even some long-ish tailored shorts and a good jacket.

There are a lot of good tights happening this fall -- full-footed tights, not just leggings, thank heaven. I've always enjoyed a great pair of colored tights, they are an easy, unbeatable way of adding interest to an outfit without spending a fortune or going overboard. Now if the temperature around here would just drop below 90ยบ, maybe I could actually wear some...


Images: Modcloth.com, style.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Susan B said...

I can definitely see you wearing these. Like you said, not a huge investment, and worth a try!

Belle de Ville said...

You have the legs for these, go for it. I would frighten children and small animals if I wore these tights!

My daughter is crazy about the dresses on Modcloth.

r r s said...

I think they're OK, and I agree that there are lots of fun tights out this fall. I voted "meh," just because I couldn't wear them... they'd make my legs look too toothpick-y.

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Hmmm...they're not for me, but you could certainly pull it off.

About the Chanel wedges...they're made with laser-cut leather.

Red said...

Love, love, love! (I loved the Chanel version, too, but avoided them because of the obscene price.) I am totally buying a pair of these.

However, you should take my opinion with a grain of salt since I am a tights/stockings addict. Then again, I primarily wear skirts and dresses and I live in New England (aka Land of Perpetual Winter), so I have a good excuse!