Friday, February 16, 2007

Perfume Moment -- February 16

What I'm wearing:


Ormonde Jayne Tolu

What I feel I should be wearing with it:


L'Wren Scott -- Fall 2007


Oh, I love this stuff. This is one of my Top Three. I traveled all the way to London to get my hands on it. (Okay, I went for other reasons as well -- to see London, for example -- but this is by far my best souvenir. I bought it from Linda Pilkington herself, which was quite a treat.) It's a warm spicy oriental that drives me crazy with love. I tend to like really big, statement-y, assertive fragrances and this certainly is one. I wear it year 'round, but it's definitely at its very best in cold weather under a cashmere turtleneck. The official notes are juniper berry, orange blossom, clary sage, orchid, Moroccan rose, muguet, tolu, tonka bean, golden frankincense and amber. On me, it's extremely aromatic and spicy, with a little smokiness from the frankincense There's just a smidge of floral to give it womanly sweetness, and then the delicious heart notes come up all velvety and swirl around my throat in a warm haze. This is not a perfume to wear if you are at all unsure of yourself -- you need to have your head high to do it justice. Nothing makes me feel more femme fatale than Tolu, or more gorgeous. (I honestly think I'm actually better-looking when I wear it. Truly.) It's the sort of fragrance that people who say things like, "Oh, I just want to smell clean," or "I want something light & fresh" would never consider. Well, more fools they. Tolu is liquid gold -- it's a beautiful privilege to wear it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: