Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Funky in the Good Way

Aaaaaaw, yeah!!! Looks like His Purple Majesty is putting out a perfume.

It's called 3121 and the website bills it as a white floral with bergamot, jasmine, gardenia, orange flower, muguet, tuberose, ylang ylang, with basenotes of patchouli, sandalwood, cedarwood and musks. (Only they use much more picturesque language -- I've eliminated a lot of adjectives and romance-novel verbs. Swirling and whatnot, doncha know.) I'm down with that -- put jasmine, bergamot, tuberose & cedar all in the same place and I'm there. There's a concert in Minneapolis and a charity event tied in to the perfume release (07/07/07), and evidently Himself is playing in London for three weeks. Let's cross our fingers and hopes he tours the States, too.

3121: 21 Nights in London with PRINCE

I've long been a big fan of Prince. I wouldn't exactly want to raid his closet, not that I could fit into anything in there anyway, the man is... is it polite to call a man "petite"? But no doubt about it, he has style. It's a little (ahem) over the top and not exactly (ahem, again) subtle, but I've gotta give it up to anyone that fearless. He knows who he is, he knows what he likes, and he's by gummy gonna wear it. That's the sort of thing I like to see.

And sniff, by the sound of things.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get my funk on.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

r r s said...

It sounded delicious until I got to the patchouli and sandalwood part. Oh, well.

StyleSpy said...

R-- Patchouli and sandalwood notes in a well-composed fragrance don't necessarily smell like what we in the Frag World call "head shop" patch & sandalwood. You might be surprised to find out how many perfumes have those notes in them -- handled in the right way they add delicious depth & warmth to a scent. Chanel No. 5 has a patchouli note. Modern examples include fragrances as varied as Pleasures, Prada, Lovely, Burberry Brit Gold, DKNY, Eternity, Chanel Chance and Safari. Some of my very favorite frags have a patch note, but you'd probably never know it if you sniffed me!