Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Are You a Good Boot? Or a Bad Boot?

Hmmmmmmm... I dunno about these. Theoretically, I should love them. I love the idea of them.






But I just don't know. They may be just a little too Pleaser USA, if you know what I mean.

They are not Pleaser USA (the $800+ price tag is your first clue there); they are actually Giuseppe Zanotti, a shoe label that is really marvelous when they get it right
and pretty tragifying when they get it wrong. I'm on the fence about this one.

Tell me what you think. Vote in the poll in the top right corner!


(With thanks and apologies to lovely Stephanie at Style Odyssey!)

Amended to add:

Just to be clear, I'm not contemplating purchasing these boots. I just saw them on Stephanie's blog and they made my mind whir. I don't think I'd ever buy shoes I was that doubtful about, especially not at that price. Besides, I already have these:


My Stuart Weitzman Goliaths, which have given me nary a moment of doubt and many an hour of joy, for a fraction of the price. What more could a gal need?


Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Little bit too hooker for me - if the red was a bit darker it would look a little less cheap.

Susan B said...

Hey sailor boy, love you long time!

kelly said...

This is what a hooker would think a louboutin looks like.

Duchesse said...

Not for me and why would you wear these in a hot climate? Wait, don;t answer that.

Anonymous said...

very Lindsay Lohan, starlet cheapo style.

dana said...

These are artsy, not hooker. The save? The sculptured platform in front, and the zippers in back. And the fact they are red and black, not red and red. Of course, they need to be worn properly. But still not worth the $.

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

I agree with Imogen. I thought "hooker" too. I love me a platform, but something about these is obscene.

Belle de Ville said...

Bad...really bad...

dissed said...

Rocky (Horror) Redux. I can just see it.

Haute World said...

I think it's what Julia Roberts would have worn in Pretty Woman if they had existed back then (and perhaps if the boot went above the knee). I think the red platform isn't really helping either... it just emphasizes what shouldn't be emphasized. And why would they choose a red sole anyway... oh wait... maybe Zanotti is taking a pi** at Louboutin!

By the way, I have an award waiting for you at my blog :)

I, Goddess said...

I like them from the front, but walking away....Nooooooo!

Oppurtunities said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CompassRose said...

LOVE. Them. They don't say "hooker" to me; more of "goth geisha", but it would all be in what you pair them with. The zipper! The sculpted platform! The RED! Well out of my price range of course, and I'm a little dubious about the stiletto heel (even in tall heels, I prefer something a bit more stable) but these make me drool.

But I'm also much more about your "tragifying" choice (though they're not my personal thing, I'd look at them admiringly on someone else) and pretty meh about your "get it right" selection.

But then, I'm John Fluevog's b!tch all the way, too, so there might be some serious differences of taste at work here!

WendyB said...

I saw a few pairs by Giuseppe Zanotti in Bergdorfs recently that were totally in hooker territory, similar to these.