Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blown Slightly Off Course


So I was whacking away at the ol' computing machine, working on a post about Fashion Week, when I went to the Neiman Marcus website (Research!! NOT shopping!!! I swear!!!) and what to my wondering eyes should appear but these:




::insert slack-jawed gaping noises here:


Holy mackerel. Now THOSE are some boots.




Well, okay, they're
almost boots. I mean, not boots in the most traditional, strictest sense of the word, but definitely boot-like. The overall impression is certainly one of boots, even though there are a lot of things about them that don't fit squarely into the commonly recognized category of boot. If you really wanted to pick them apart, you could actually come up with a lot of reasons not to call them boots, although I can't see why you'd want to because they're a lot more interesting as a boot, I think, in the way that anything that defies its own category always is...

(You know that phenomenon that sometimes occurs when you meet someone you're so attracted to that your entire brain instantly shuts down
except for the part that reflexively strings together inane, moronic sentences that try as you might you cannot stop from pouring out of your mouth like a waterfall? And as all this ridiculous drivel spills out of you, your interior monologue is saying, "Would you shut up? Dear lord, would you please just SHUT UP!!!" But you can't? That's happening to me now. Does it mean these boots are going to be my new boyfriends? I wish. But at about $1700, these bad boys are a liiiiiiiittle out of my league. So I'll just shut up now.)



Oh, lordy. Hot. So, so hot...


(Huarache Boot by Sigerson Morrison. Available at
Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.)



Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

dana said...

I would've thought YSL, but hey, nice Sigerson! Oh c'mon, Style, just get 'em. Think of everything you can wear with those. They are perfect for warm weather, which you have a lot of where you're at. Get 'em. Now. Before your size sells out.

dana said...

Although they may go on sale. You could hold off and watch 'em. But that would be difficult to do, especially if you wear a common size.

StyleSpy said...

Dana! Evil enabler! I'll get 'em if you get 'em.

No, seriously, those are right off the list. More's the pity. Because I can think of a million things I would wear them with...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, never have a pair of shoes (or boots) so taken away my breath. The price tag, though, I think I can get a small car for that.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy I want those as well. so they will not be warm thats minor !. Wear socks LOLOL. Get them if you can ...Katie

Anonymous said...

"You know that phenomenon that sometimes occurs when you meet someone you're so attracted to that your entire brain instantly shuts down except for the part that reflexively strings together inane, moronic sentences that try as you might you cannot stop from pouring out of your mouth like a waterfall? And as all this ridiculous drivel spills out of you, your interior monologue is saying, "Would you shut up? Dear lord, would you please just SHUT UP!!!"

No. No I do not.

StyleSpy said...

I know, Plummy. Never been flustered in your life, is you.