Saturday, February 21, 2009

Go Figure


Huh.


This:



is by Narciso Rodriguez.

I honestly don't quite know what to make of that. It's like some sort of Space Cow costume. I don't really get it. Especially given that in the same collection, we find the following:



PERFECT coat. Oh, god, that makes me weak in the knees.




GORGEOUS dress -- that blue is, indeed, electric.




A jacket I would lie to my mama for. (I never lie to my mama. I may judiciously omit, but I don't lie.)




And this dress, which is both gorgeous and aspirational (as in, I can only aspire to have the body you need to wear this).

But then we have the Giant Human Beetle:



(I find this vaguely creepy -- it looks like the underside of a big bug to me. Yech.)

I don't get it. I won't pretend to. Maybe Narciso is just bored. Maybe he was high. Maybe he has a cute design assistant with cockeyed ideas who he's trying to get into bed. I dunno. I don't make the fashion news, I just report it...


Photos: style.com





Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

vee said...

Style.com is calling these ridiculous hats storm-trooper esque. That's an insult to storm-troopers! They look more like The Hamburgler to me. But I really like that metallic-y black bustier he sent down the walk, and there are things unmentionable I would do for that tan coat.

Anonymous said...

Yeowsa...but I do have days I feel like wearing oufit number 1 . LOLOLO Katie

Anonymous said...

This post actually made me laugh out loud! You've got such a way with words... I was totally thinking "Space cow" when I saw that first outfit :D